Every holiday deserves its own cake! Even if you’re not so much of a baker, this cake is easy to make and naturally gluten-free. It is so rich and decadent, it will satiate any chocolate cravings for months to come and leave you and your loved ones patting you on the back! Pour your heart into the baking of this cake and make it the perfect delightful gift or treat for that someone special – yourself!
Ingredients – serves 8-10
- 1/2 pound (8 squares) unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) sweet butter, cut into cubes
- 8 egg yolks
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 5 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (bourbon vanilla if you’ve got it)
- 1 tablespoon confectioners (powdered) sugar
- fresh raspberries
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease an 8″ or 9″ spring form pan with butter.
- Put the chocolate squares and butter in a double boiler (if you don’t have a double boiler fit a stainless steel bowl inside a saucepan or stock pot). Keep water at a simmer and stir the chocolate and butter until melted.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer. Mix until the eggs are light and lemon colored.
- Add the chocolate sauce to the egg mixture little by little to avoid cooking the eggs, stirring to blend thoroughly.
- Beat the whites until stiff. Add half the egg whites to the chocolate mixture and beat. Fold in the remaining whites.
- Pour batter in pan and bake for 1 hour and fifteen minutes. When the cake is done, transfer it to a rack. Let stand for 10 minutes and remove the rim from the spring form pan. Let cool and sprinkle with powdered sugar and raspberries. Decorate with heart drawing or as desired 🙂
For another perfect delicious gift, it’s not too late to order our gluten-free (mostly vegan) Valentines Day Box, if you place your order now (click HERE)!
Recipe courtesy of Virtually Homemade (http://www.virtuallyhomemade.com/2013/02/flourless-chocolate-cake.html)