Gluten-free and dairy-free champions that is! I woke up ravenous this morning for some reason so decided to splurge on breakfast. Below are the key components to this tasty morning treat:
– Farmers Market eggs (Santa Monica Farmers Market!)
– Daiya cheddar style shreds (gluten, dairy and soy-free)
– Turkey bacon
– Udi’s plain bagel (gluten, dairy and soy-free)
– Earth Balance organic buttery spread
– My homemade strawberry jam made from delicious strawberries from the Camarillo Strawberry Festival a few weeks back.
Daiya makes the best non-dairy cheese that I have been able to find out there. They also do a really good mozzarella substitute. I find that their cheeses are tasty (and don’t all taste the same!) and also have that stringy constistency that makes such a difference. I even used their mozzarella for a GF DF lasagna and it turned out fabulous!
There are A LOT of GF bread companies out there. Udi’s is one of my favorites and they have quite a variety of bakery products. I like their texture (not too dense unlike a lot of GF breads) and their breads also toast well. Another breakfast treat that I like is their cinnamon raisin bread, and their blueberry muffins are SOOOOO scrumptuous. I’d eat those as a dessert anytime – fluffy, moist, perfect balance of sugary sweetness and blueberry flavor.